STATUTES OF ASIAN STUDIES CENTRE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF VALLADOLID (CEA)
Approve by the General Assembly in an ordinary session in October 31st of 2000 and in second session by the Patronage in May 23rd of 2001.
Reform in ordinary session by the Patronage in April 30th of 2003. Review by the legal counsel of the University of Valladolid in March of 2010.
The Asian Studies Centre of the University of Valladolid is found as a specific structure with research functions under the University Reforms Law (Art. 3-2g) and in agreement with the University of Valladolid purposes on his statutes (Art. 6.b). The CEA is created in the participation of the founding institutions mentioned in article 10. The CEA is dedicated to the formation, research and technological development with the following ends:
- The training of qualified staff in both companies, cultural institutions such as the University.
- The implementation of projects and programs with business and cultural projection, established the necessary cooperation between Asian and Spanish universities.
- The consolidation of a competent research group in the fields of culture, economy, science and technology and language between the different Asian countries and Spain.
- Conducting basic and applied research in areas of common interest to the University and Asian business and culture represented in the CEA.
The Asian Studies Centre will be divided in five geographical regions according to the Asian House division:
- a) Australasia.
- b) Central Asia.
- c) East Asia.
- d) South Asia.
- e) Other countries.
And three activities areas: Human Studies, Social Studies and Science and Technology.
The research will be made through basic and applied research projects, dissertations, research contracts, etc., with the possibility of cooperation and agreements with other University Centreses or other Spanish or foreign entities.
Training and teaching activities will be made through specialized courses conducted under the existing study plans, both in the human studies and in the social studies and science and technology; as well as publications, conferences, meetings and congresses.
It also offers its activities and services to public or private entities of Spain interested in the reality of Asian countries through the comparison and management of cultural knowledge.
Member shall be:
Representatives of public or private entities that contributed to the aims of the CEA under the collaboration agreement with the University of Valladolid, in witch the rights and obligations are defined for both parties.
Members of number, of any of the following groups:
- a) University professors and researchers linked to areas of knowledge related to the topics of interest of the Centre.
- b) Business person designated by the business itself.
- c) Temporally, visiting professors and researchers.
- d) Interns linked to the Centre by their research or teaching.
- e) Staff hired for specific purposes.
The condition of CEA membership is voluntary. The incorporation to the Centre will be appointed by the University Chancellor, at the request of the interested and after the approval of the Centre Patronage.
The Centre members will be informed and will participate in its activities, contributing with his efforts and initiatives.
The Centre organs are:
- a) The Patronage.
- b) The Council.
- c) The Director.
The Government Organs and Charges will be renewed every three years and may be re-elected.
The Patronage is the highest organ of the Centre. It will be formed by member of Rightful Public or Private Entities, as well as the same number of university professor members. It will be chaired by the University Chancellor or the delegated person, who will be the representative of the Centre. It will be summon by the Centre Secretary as the Patronage Secretary. It will meet ordinarily every two years and extraordinarily when the president or one third of its members consider appropriate.
The Managing committee formed by the signatories to the proposal of the establishment of the CEA has the character of founding entity. In the future, anyone can acquire the Entity Member condition applying previous approbation of the patronage. Participation is voluntary and indefinite.
The Patronage has the competences of:
- a) Program the general guidelines and supervise activities of the Centre.
- b) Approve the annual budget and exercise the economic control of the Centre for the purpose of reflects the results in an annual memory.
- c) Appoint the Director and his/her cessation.
- d) Authorize the publications of the Centre or those with total or partial economic participation.
- e) Create and approve the annual activities memory.
- f) Propose the hiring of personnel for not ordinary or specific jobs.
- g) Approve the statute modification proposals.
- h) Where appropriate, establish the rules of dissolution of the Centre.
The council will be formed by all number members of the Centre and it will work in plenary or in committee. It will held an ordinary reunions every three months and special meetings when deemed appropriate by the Director of the CEA or requested by at least twenty percent of its members.
- a) Choose the college professors members of the Patronage.
- b) Know the function issues of the Centre.
- c) Participate on his management and activities.
At least for the paragraph a) the Council shall work in Plenary.
The Centre Director is the executive part of the Centre, name by the PhD. professors that work for this university, by Chancellor Resolution proposed by the Patronage. His/Her competences are:
- a) The representation of the Centre.
- b) Rule, manage and coordinate its activities.
- c) Appoint and change the Section Directors and the Council secretary between the Centre members.
- d) Convoke and preside the Centre Council and execute its agreements.
- e) Supervise the fulfillment of the Centre budget.
- f) In general, any other competence not assigned to other parties by the statutes.
For the performance of his/her functions, the Director may be advised by a Permanent Commission named by the Council.
The college organs shall be considered validly constituted when half plus one of its members are present. As set in Article 26.1 of the LRSJ-PAC, is required for the correct constitution of the organ for the purpose of meetings, discussions and agreements, the presence of the President and the Secretary, or who may replace them. In case of a tie, the President casting vote will decide.
The Secretary shall keep minutes of the meetings of the college organs in which the resolutions adopted by these organs will be reflected. It must have the approval of the President.
The Centre will be located in a suitable place for its activity, made available by the University of Valladolid, and will count for its activity with its own media or any other from other organs or institutions.
The activities of the Centre are financed from:
- Contributions from Member Institutions.
- Found form contracts and research projects.
- Other aids from agreements with Public or Private Organizations willing to promote their activities.
- Contribution from the University.
- Other resources generated by its research and teaching activity.
As a Centre of the University of Valladolid, the administration of the Centre will be governed by its rules. The economic and social exercises coincide with the calendar year, the budget and balances must be established in relation to it.
CHANGES IN THE ESTATUTES
The modification of this Statutes should be approved by the majority vote of the Patronage and been previously established in the program of the reunion.Repeal ProvisionWith the entry into force of this Regulation, remain repealed the Regulation of the Asian Studies Centre (CEA), approved by the Governing Board of the University of Valladolid on October, 31st 2000 and reformed in ordinary session of the Patronage on April, 30th 2003.Final dispositionThis regulation will enter into force on the day following its publication in the official bulletin board, once approved by the Council Governor of the University of Valladolid.
ANNEX I: COMPOSITION OF THE BOARD
President: Rector of the University of Valladolid.
Secretary: Secretary of the CEA.
- a) Institutional Group:
- Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism.
- Ministry of Education.
- Five representatives of the Embassies of Asia.
- City of Valladolid.
- b) Business Group:
- Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO).
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Valladolid.
- Four representatives of companies and business associations.
- c) University of Valladolid:
- Vice President of Institutional Relations.
- Vice President of Research.
- Director of the Asian Studies Centre.
- d) Members of the CEA: Four.
The CEA Secretary M. Amor Cumbreño Barreales May 28th, 2010.